Backend Engineer, Core Banking (f/m/d)
Are you a Fintech enthusiast experienced in Go or willing to make Go your day-to-day language? Are you interested in working on solving a challenging problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
The Core Banking tribe owns some key components of the whole technical platform exposed by Upvest, starting from the initial Order creation API, moving it through all the necessary steps until execution, processing the cash pay-ins and pay-outs, ending with the background processes like bookkeeping and reconciliation.
The tribe has a lot of flexibility to design the processing flows within the high-level product requirements, focusing on achieving the best user experience on one side, and the technical stability and consistency on another.
As a Backend Engineer in our Core Banking team, you will help build the central engine of Upvest's platform which covers the current functional and non-functional requirements and at the same time would remain easily extendible for future use cases.
Responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- Designing and building fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable systems using Microservice architecture powered by Docker, Kubernetes, LinkerD service mesh, and Kong as a Gateway
- Building event-driven applications using Kafka
- Working on different aspects of our API-product portfolio
- Developing data processing and storing mechanisms
- Working on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative new tools
- Working with an agile methodology with flexible processes
- Working with the cutting edge technologies (Go is the primary language) without legacy codebase
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Experience in Go (or willingness to make Go your day-to-day language)
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL (transaction isolation, performance optimization)
- Fluency with event-driven architecture and concurrent algorithms
- Being proactive in learning new stacks and having a high sense of ownership
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with Investment products or Fintech domain in general is a big plus
- Experience with Docker, k8s, understanding principles of a service mesh
- Experience with Monitoring and Tracing using Datadog (or other modern observability tools)
How we Upvest in you?
Greenfield projects. We’re building something quite complex and a first in Europe. This means we’re working with cutting-edge technologies and with no legacy code.
Wellbeing. At Upvest, everyone has access to our in-house coach where you can have regular sessions to support you personally and professionally.
Development. In keeping with one of our core values, ‘Learn and Grow’, every Upvenger has access to a development budget. In line with one of our other values, ‘Own the Outcome’, how you choose to make the most of it, is up to you.
Flexibility. We work in a hybrid setup with the team distributed around Germany and Europe. We give you the choice (and budget) to spend your time where you are most comfortable and productive, either at home or the office. You choose.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.