Platform Engineer (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 50+ talented people from 20 different countries.
Platform team’s objectives include creating a robust, secure, resilient, and observable infrastructure for our Product Engineering teams to build products on as well as provide all the needed tooling for them to be productive on the Platform. As our next Platform Engineer, you will join our Platform team (together with Martin, Rokas & Sergei). You will play an important role in engineering our infrastructure by making it as automated and scalable as possible while maintaining a high degree of security.
Our principles include infrastructure-as-code, security first, zero trust, and least privilege principles but most importantly the Platform team’s job is to enable and empower Product teams to deliver Products on the Platform in a more productive way. The platform team does this by mapping out Product teams’ requirements, formulating a roadmap and plans on what kind of tooling and automation needs to be in place and executing on those plans.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the development of our infrastructure and architectural decisions
- Gain valuable experience in a high-security and high-stakes fintech environment
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Partner with the product engineering teams to improve services
- Drive DevOps mindset and collaboration within Engineering Department
- Contribute to the platform development in Go with a focus on scalability and stability
- Proactively test the flexibility and resilience of the system (and keep improving our monitoring & observability)
- Establish communication and documentation best practices throughout the entire software development lifecycle (development, deployment, and incident management)
- Provide operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Gather and analyze system metrics to assist in improving performance and finding faults
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Vault and Terraform
- Prior experience with Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Deep knowledge of modern monitoring and observability
- Knowledge of operating Kafka in high availability environments
- High level of pragmatism
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Go, Docker, K8S, Postgres, Kafka), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability
- Experience working in the fintech domain
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression > Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team > Egos.
Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome > Process.
Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency > Complexity.