Senior Fullstack Engineer (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities to anyone, our goal is to empower 100 million people to invest (by 2025). Today, we count 50+ talented people from 20 different countries.
We are seeking a full-time fullstack engineer to build a securities API for financial institutions, the first such API in Europe. Your goal is to take ownership of designing, developing, and maintaining the internal tooling we build to enable our investment banking operations. This includes building the back-office and admin web dashboards and tools, developer tooling, and more.
A greenfield project. Cutting edge technologies. No legacy code.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on different aspects of our internal tooling as part of the development team
- Design and build easy to use low friction web applications to enable our Operations and Customer Support teams to be productive in their day-to-day operations.
- Design and build tooling for other Product Engineering teams to automate aspects of day-to-day development activities. This could include web applications, SlackOps, etc.
- Work with an agile methodology: at the end of the 2-weeks sprint cycle we have a demo with a retrospective to make our software delivering faster
- Modern web technologies experience with some of the major frameworks.
- Pragmatism. Pick the right tool for the job (not based on hype)
- Prior experience with distributed and event-driven systems. We use Kafka as the messaging backbone and operate a Go microservices system in Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, transaction isolation, performance optimization
- Security focused mindset
- Be proactive in learning new stacks and have a high sense of taking ownership
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, k8s, understanding principles of a service mesh
- Experience with Monitoring and Tracing using Datadog
- Experience working in Fintech domain
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We're looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression > Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients > Sales. We take breaks when needed.
Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome > Process. We share knowledge to empower others.