TechOps Lead (f/m/d)
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities to anyone, our goal is to empower 100 million people to invest (by 2025). Today, we count 50+ talented people from 20 different countries.
As our next TechOps Lead, you’ll help to build out an efficient & outstanding TechOps function at Upvest. We work with 100% cloud-based technologies, and this role would be responsible for building and managing our internal IT resources and processes, with a view of enabling large amounts of automation as we grow.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- You will take ownership of a majority of hands-on internal IT tasks and responsibilities
- Managing our core internal IT resources (i.e. Google Workspace and Slack), user account management and security controls (working closely with our Security team)
- Managing our Mac laptop fleet, zero-touch DEP/MDM device deployments, and ensuring company endpoints meet the company’s security standards
- Supporting teams with finding, implementing and/or integrating tools and solutions they need
- Developing solutions that automate and augment IT processes (e.g. onboarding and offboarding) and improve user experience
- Provide helpdesk support to the business
- Take part in incident management activities if a security event occurs
- The ability to think critically and come up with unique or innovative solutions to simplify workflows and improve security
- Experience in establishing and managing efficient technology services
- A strong understanding of macOS and Apple device management (MDM/DEP)
- Experience with automating processes using scripting languages or other workflow automation solutions (i.e. SaaSOps)
- Prior experience with Google Workspace is a plus
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Golang, Python, Postgres, Docker, k8s) and/or Terraform is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Relocate to our amazing office in Berlin :)
- We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required.
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We're looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
Learn and grow: We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback. Everything is a learning opportunity. Progression > Perfection.
Team first. We make it easy for others. We value different views, disagree, and commit. We win and celebrate together!
Own the outcome. We are proactive and finish the job until it is done. Happy clients > Sales. We take breaks when needed.
Tell the story. We always start with the ‘why’. Outcome > Process. We share knowledge to empower others.